August 24, 2011

wanderlust

I suffer from chronic wanderlust. It plagues me every moment of the day and unfortunately, I also suffer lackofmoney-itis. Therefore I'm left to surf the pages of my 1,000 Places to See Before You Die and browse websites like this and this and this (I discovered the last one today). My top 5 list of places I'm dying to visit changes regularly. Recently, however, I have noticed a trend and felt the urge to share! Here you go folks! Enjoy.

If you want to become an adventure traveler, you must begin in Costa Rica. At least, that's what I have read. Ok here's my thing with Costa Rican travel - It's beautiful, it's affordable, it's environmentally friendly, it's safe, and there is literally something for everyone! It is basically the most customizable vacation destination that you could ask for and you will still feel good about the size of your carbon footprint. I LOVE ecolodges!!! Rock on Costa Rica!




I am not even sure what caused me to be so interested in Thailand, but I think it may have been the elephants. As you will see in other parts of this list, I fall for places where the past and present tend to slap you in the face at the same time. Then there are the beaches. Need I say more?


If you want to experience the past being juxtaposed with the present, I'm guessing Egypt is one of the ultimate destinations for that! I am such an archaeology/anthropology nerd that I feel I must visit this country. Imagine walking where the pharaohs walked, and seeing the architectural masterpieces that were created over 3,000 years ago...I'm geeking out just thinking about it! Not to mention - Who wouldn't want to go hot air ballooning over ancient ruins?!

4. Bali


When I think of magical places I think Bali. I have no explanation for this except perhaps all of the colors! I imagine the temples that seems to be growing out of the jungle and the vines that hang from the trees and the smell of jasmine floating in the air...magic.








Coffee. Wine. Tango. Spanish. Need I say more? That's pretty much all I have to say about Argentina. I'm sold.

No comments: