August 21, 2011

movie review: soul surfer

I've been wanting to watch Soul Surfer since it came to theaters but never got around to it. Finally, on Friday it came in the mail from Netflix and I couldn't wait to watch it!

The movie is based on the book Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board by Bethany Hamilton. Beyond the fact that I am a sucker for a movie about surfing, the story itself is absolutely amazing. Even if some of the acting was sub-par, I am seriously considering purchasing this movie. The cinematography is fantastic, which it probably the reason behind my recent surge of yearning for the ocean. I have now watched it twice and both times could not get over the fact that this story is based off real life events. Bethany Hamilton's story is one that should be retold again and again.

4 Stars!

No comments: