August 19, 2011

album review: GPN




Let's kick things back off with another album review. I know my last one wasn't too happy, but this one is a 180 the other way. Let's talk about: Grace Potter and the Nocturnals!



I actually feel a little bad for my friends because I've been talking this band up since I first heard their new single Paris (Ooh La La) months ago. This girl has a set of pipes that is reminiscent of Anne Wilson and Janis Joplin. I love the '70s rock inspired beats and I always feel the need to pick up a six string and figure out how to play Freebird when I'm listening to them. Did I also mention that she's a knockout? Yeah, she kicks ass all around.



It's not everyday you find an album that you can listen to top to bottom, but this self titled album is definitely one of them!



5 Stars!

No comments: